My name is Chris Cavallo; Pickles-N-Things LLC is my brainchild & has been in business since 2004. We started with 8 products & now have over 30. Our products are made in small batches using my original recipes. We are state-licensed and our quality standards approved by the FDA.
Our products are unique because I also design my own labels, web site, brochures, etc. Each label is as different as the product it goes on. Many of our customers (wholesale & retail) are drawn to us 1st because of our unique labels & then they become repeat customers because how they taste.
"My husband Rick & I" Spring 2012
My daughter Courtni who helps with shows
The little Gherkins!
"The Pickle Lady" June 2011
I had been cooking since I could remember & have always done my "own thing" with recipes. My mother would come home
from work & be amazed at what I had created at such a young age. I was making Jelly Rolls at 10! I guess you could say I have cooking in my blood. My father owned a restaurant in Rangeley called The Red Carriage Room before I was born. It was reservation only & was always booked. (He did the cooking.) I find cooking is like any other art form, it takes creativity along with some basic knowledge & sometimes you get outstanding results. The only difference is that my products are pleasing to the palate as well as the eye.
- Did you know all our salsas are made with fresh tomatoes & most other salsa makers use canned?
- Our Raspberry-Jalapeno Jam won Honorable Mention in the 1st Annual Fiery Star Awards; Best Jellies and Relishes category.
- Seventeen products took ribbons at the 2007 Windsor Fair
- Our Chocolate-Raspberry Spread was featured in the Maine Food & Lifestyle Magazine holiday issue- see photos.
- We have also been featured in the KJ and Sun Journal (read about that here).
- Our Wild Maine Blueberry Salsa won Honorable Mention at the 24th Annual New England Products Trade Show.
- Our booth was voted #1 in the 2008 Windsor Fair Craft Building
- Our Maine Cidah Sauce won 1st Place the 25th Annual New England Products Trade Show.
- Nine products took ribbons at the 2009 Windsor Fair
- Our booth won Best in Show a the the 2010 Saco Arts Festival
- Seven products took ribbons at the 2010 Windsor Fair
- We were on Time Warner's "Maine Street" in October 2011
- We were on Garden Thyme dring the 2010 Cornish Apple Festival (fast forward to 22:45 if you want to just see our part)
- We were in the Feb. 7th 2013 issue of The Mountain Ear
- We made front page news in the March 14th issue of the Bridgton News
We are looking forward to expanding our wholesale & retail market & hope to become the next big name for Gourmet Specilaty Foods in the not so distant future
My son Collin, he has helped me at the shows since when we started in 2004
My Mom & I at a show in Kennebunkport July of 2006
Home of Pickle-N-Things